Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Pray for us!

Hi Family and Friends!
I just wanted to ask all of you to please be praying for Dustin and me over the next several weeks. Dustin was asked yesterday by my Dad if he'd be interested in going on a mission trip to Quito, Ecuador, South America! He is going to go, and it's coming up very soon. He'll be leaving Raleigh on October 20th around 1:30 PM and he'll be returning to Raleigh on October 30th around 10:00 AM. God has miraculously provided all the funds for the trip, which is wonderful because we wouldn't be able to afford it on such short notice. Someone generously donated frequent flyer miles, which saves us $700!! My parents and the people in their church are also helping to fund Dustin. We are so greateful!
This trip will be a wonderful opportunity for Dustin to go and see areas of South America (especially since we are pretty sure that we will either be there or in Central America when we become missionaries after Dustin finishes school). It will also be great for him to spend this time with a real missionary! He will be going with Tim Bunn, an incredibly godly man who goes to my parents' church. He has written a manual for church-planting, and it is all based on the New Testament model for starting a church. Basically, Tim believes that planting churches in other countries should be done just like Paul did it in the Bible, and he's written a manual to help believers accomplish that. The manual has been translated into a number of different languages, and Tim regularly goes and meets with people using it in other countries. He recently went to Cambodia, and he is often all over the world. We really respect him, and we were honored that he and my Dad thought of Dustin when deciding on someone to accompany him.
We don't know for sure all that Dustin will be doing, but I'm guessing he'll be like an assistant to Tim. Tim will be teaching at a large conference there in Quito, and people are coming from all over to hear his lessons. Dustin will get to meet all these people, pray with them, and I'm sure he'll learn from them and be encouraged by their zeal for Christ! So please pray that God will use Dustin to accomplish His purpose on the trip.
PLEASE PRAY FOR SAFE TRAVEL!!
If you would, please pray for me too... I am so happy for Dustin, but every time I think about how far away he'll be, I get a huge lump in my throat. We haven't been apart overnight since we got married, and I don't know how I'm going to manage for ten whole days. Please pray for me to trust the Lord to protect my precious husband. Thank you all so much!
Much love,
Jennie Harrell

No comments: