Thursday, February 28, 2008

Winner of the "Most Improved" Award!

You may think it strange that we are posting pictures of our bathroom, but it has won a very special award in our "new house!" When we looked at the house the first time, we were sad that the bathroom was in such terrible shape. The shower tiles and grout had black mildew, the walls were paint-over-wallpaper with rip marks and stains, the ceiling was leaking, the bathroom fan was clogged with hanging dust, the toilet was chipped and dirty, the linoleum was dirty and uneven, and the sink/vanity was rotten at the bottom.

About two weeks before the move, Dustin's parents were sweet enough to arrange for a good friend to renovate the bathroom! We were so relieved! They tiled the floor, replaced the vanity, fixed the ceiling and the bathroom fan, re-tiled the shower, and replaced the toilet. What a difference!! This week I have been painting the walls and replacing the fixtures. I have to say that I am QUITE relieved to have a nice clean bathroom now! Many Many Many Thank-You's to Dustin's incredible parents for helping us with this HUGE project!!

BEFORE
AFTER!!!! What a difference!! I still plan to paint the doors white too.
I love the floor!
The walls were so uneven and damaged that we could not just paint over them. I found a really neat texture paint at Lowes, and I created my own method of texturizing (beating the wall with the paintbrush!). It covers everything really nicely. It's a little hard to tell from the pictures, but the color is light blue.

No comments: