Friday, February 1, 2008

Jobs...

A big item on our "To Do List" for our upcoming move is to find a job for me (Jennie). As you know, Dustin will have a job upon arrival! One of the main reasons that we are able to move to Winston-Salem is because Dustin will get to work with his Dad in the family business. However, I am not totally sure of what I will be doing. We have decided that I will not work full-time again so that I can do a better job of "wifing." I want to have more time to take care of the house, cook healthfully, and take care of errands so that Dustin will not always have to help me do that kind of stuff after a full week of work. This is something that the two of us have wanted for me for quite some time, so I am very excited!

I know that when we move I would like to use my four-year English degree, so I am looking in the direction of tutoring students in the area. I have just been hired by a tutoring agency called Academics Plus, Inc. I will be going to two schools and tutoring students after school. This will only be four days a week, and only two hours each day, but the pay is double what a typical job would pay. At least I will have a start when we arrive in Kernersville, and I will also be able to build a reputation for myself.

I am also posting ads in bookstores and online, and I have already had two people write me and ask about tutoring for their children! My goal is to have students come to my home for tutoring in English, Grammar, and/or Creative Writing. And eventually I hope to do some group workshops once I build my business a little. I am thrilled at the possibilities, and the interest that I have already seen! It will be great to teach a subject that I love, help children, make my own schedule, and have more time at home.

If anyone has advice on how I can build this idea, please let me know! I would appreciate your prayers as we start this new phase of life!

1 comment:

Nicole Wilson Conley said...

well that's super exciting... as soon as i read your post, i saw a little room in your house (with the wood paneling - :o)) with a giant schedule (dry erase board) hanging on the wall - a desk - the works!
you could totally do this from your home if that's your desire (to be home!)... i can email you more thoughts on this if you'd like... shoot me an email and let me know! livingmercy@bellsouth.net