Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My Incredible Man

I just have to announce that I have a wonderful husband!

He means so much to me, and he is special is so many ways. Two things have happened lately that have made me realize (again) my appreciation to God for Dustin. The first thing happened on Sunday night. We were getting ready for bed, and Dustin asked me a question. He said, "Is there anything that I could do better as a husband?" He has asked this question before, but this time it was totally out of nowhere, and I could tell he had really been thinking about it. That meant so much to me! It is wonderful to know that the man God gave me is dedicated to being a good husband. Wow!

The second thing happened just today. I checked my voicemail at lunchtime, and Dustin had called to tell me to be careful driving home from work. It has been frigid outside the last few days, and we had a little rain this morning. He said that there had been reports of black ice and a few accidents, and he just wanted me to be safe. I felt so loved, protected, and warm inside when I heard his concerned voice. I am so thankful that he loves me so much.

These may seem like little things to some of you, but I don't want to take anything for granted. I am incredibly blessed, and I praise the Lord for His gifts me!

Dustin has been working really hard lately. He was able to go back to work for the school part-time, and he has also been putting up fence posts part-time for our Landlord. It is really hard work! He has to dig a big hole with post-diggers, make sure the post is perfectly straight and even, and then make sure it stays that way as he covers the hole. The posts are really big and heavy. He is hoping to get alot done before we take off in a few weeks!

Look at that straight line of posts!

No comments: