Sunday, October 12, 2008

Dustin is on his way to ECUADOR!

I can't believe this time has already come again... Last October Dustin took a trip to Ecuador (you can see pictures and details of that trip here: http://theharrellblog.blogspot.com/search/label/Ecuador

Today we are at a very different place in life, and many of the changes that have taken place were results of last year's trip. We always knew that we wanted to be heavily involved in missions. Dustin has been called to be a missionary, and I have been called to follow him and support him. We were not sure how all this would happen until last year. During his trip last year, God really moved in our lives and taught us alot about missions, and how He wants us to be involved.

We made alot of decisions at that time that have changed our life. Last year we lived in Wake Forest, NC. Dustin was contemplating whether or not to continue in Seminary, and I was working full time. We were renting a house and traveling back and forth between Raleigh and Winston-Salem to spend time with our families. After that trip to Ecuador, and in the months that followed, we decided that we should uproot and move to Kernersville, NC. We felt the need to find a home base where we can plant permanent roots so that we can travel overseas increasingly often for week-to-month-long mission trips.

Dustin decided that there was not a need to complete Seminary... He learned so much in college, and one more degree is not necessary to proclaim the name of Jesus! We did not know exactly when the move would happen, but in February of this year Dustin was able to start a job in his Dad's family business. This job was a huge answer to prayer! It will allow him the flexibility to come and go- a benefit that most jobs would not allow. When we found out that the job was available, we made plans to move within one month. I quit my full-time job (which was one of the most difficult things I've ever had to do- I was a nanny for a precious family with a wonderful little boy!). We found a house to rent in Kernersville, and within a month we were living two hours away from Wake Forest.

While we were renting we looked for a house, and now we are homeowners! We feel so grown up! We are thrilled to be living here so close to Dustin's family! And we are happy to be able to see my family for longer periods of time than we did before. Dustin is working full-time at Paul's Cycling and Fitness. I am now a Mary Kay Consultant, which is an amazing job that I am planning to make my "career" and my stay-at-home-mommy "job/hobby." And I also work part-time at RBC Bank.

So life is completely different now. The biggest change is that we now have a clear direction as to where our lives are going, and we have a definite knowledge of our purpose. We are so thankful.

All this to say... the time has come again! Dustin is on a plane RIGHT NOW! He departed at 1:05 PM, and he will land in Miami at 3:10 PM. He will then depart Miami at 6:50 PM and arrive in Quito Ecuador at 9:45 PM. Please pray for his safety!!

I will post his e-mails, as I did last year, so that all who are interested can keep up with how he is doing. I am confident that this trip will be incredible just like last time. It is an awesome thing to be able to dedicate 10 days to serving the Lord. I am thrilled for Dustin, and I can't wait to go with him next time!!!

Please pray for me as well... Last time he went was the worst week of my entire life. I am praying that this time will be easier. I wish I could cry all my tears out at once, but I have found that it's just not possible. When you are married and one of you is away, you feel like a huge chunk of you is just GONE... missing. I have booked myself solid with Mary Kay facials, skincare classes, training, etc. And on Thursday I am flying to Dallas until Sunday to take part in more extensive Mary Kay Training. Now I am closer to family than I was before too, which is wonderful! I am hoping that I can find the time to blog.

Thank you all so much for your prayers!

No comments: