Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sophie the Fierce

We like to have our cat shaved in the summer because she has such long hair. She sheds so much when it starts to get warm! So today was the day. I took her to Petsmart and asked them to shave her to look like a lion!
On the way there, Sophie meows the whole time... I have started wearing headphones because it is so sad.

She looks so pitiful!

When we get home she always sneaks around and acts a little embarrassed.

Then she decides that it feels good, so she relaxes a little.

How cute is she?? They didn't leave much of a "mane" on her, but I love the little puff on the end of her tail!

4 comments:

Lydia said...

Your cat is beautiful. I don't think I've ever heard of shaving a cat before- is it common? Do sheep get embarassed?

Anonymous said...

This is tortuous! I am calling PETA! The cats self-image is ruined...

Adrienne said...

The embarrassed picture you have of sophie is hilarious...She really looks embarrassed!

Dustin and Jennie Harrell said...

heehee! The people that I used to work for had long-haired cats, and they would shave one of them occasionally... that's where I heard about it. I don't think it's too common though. There is only one petsmart I know of it that shaves cats.
And yes, she really does look embarassed when she gets home! It's so funny. She doesn't even want to look at us for a while!