Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I Want to Eat the Grocery Store.

Since having my surgery last Monday I have been on a liquid diet. I can't eat anything that requires chewing, or anything that could get stuck to the roof of my mouth. I have been drinking, drinking drinking all liquids, which has caused me to lose some weight that I have worked very hard to gain and maintain.

Those who know me know that I eat ALOT. People are sometimes surprised that I can easily handle four or five slices of pizza... no problem. I LOVE eating and trying lots of different kinds of foods (except meat of course). So obviously this "no eating" thing has been a little tough. I am constantly hungry and wishing I had some REAL FOOD! To keep myself from getting depressed about it, I have been making lists of foods I want to eat, recipes I want to try, and restaurants I want to visit. I thought I would share a few with you... And please, eat something yummy for me tonight!
I love Vegetable Lasagna

I love Homemade Macaroni and Cheese I love Pizza, especially the healthy kind
I love Salad
I love Veggie Burgers

I love Grilled Vegetable Sandwhiches
I love burritoes
I love Cheesecake
I love Chocolate Cake
I love Peanut Butter Cookies
Every time Dustin has something yummy to eat I look at it longingly and say "yum!" He is always quick to ask "Do you want me to put it in the blender for you?" As much as I appreciate the thought, blended grilled cheese sandwhiches don't quite tempt me.
Hopefully this won't cause anyone to go cheat on their diets, but I just thought I would share what's on my mind!

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Hey Jennie,

I'm so sorry about the surgery and the pain that you went through and are going through...I hate the dentist! Not the actual person just going...I check your blog regularly I just wanted to tell you that I hope you feel better soon and I'm praying for you!

Dustin and Jennie Harrell said...

Thank you so much Adrienne! I really appreciate that. I check your blog regularly too, and I LOVE the recipe blog idea! You're so creative... Hope ya'll are doing well.

Anonymous said...

Those foods look great! Now, which one...

Lydia said...

Hi! I'd love to go out to eat with you once you can:) Rich and I noticed that you link to Ray Comfort and Way of the Master. Rich led Way of the Master classes at our last church and we went to the seminar in Atlanta two years ago. We are going to the "Deeper" conference this year- are you?