Thursday, March 27, 2008

What a Week!!

This week has been crazy! Monday was my first day at my new job (see a previous post to learn more), and I love it. I realize that this week has not been typical of how most weeks will be, but I already love Kernersville's RBC Centura.

On Monday I arrived and found out that one teller was out sick, another was almost brand new, and the poor supervisor was the only fully capable person behind the counter. I spent most of the day observing, amazed at how well everyone adjusted to this stressful situation. She rest of the week has been very similar to Monday. The sick teller came back, but the almost brand new teller caught the flu. Sharon and Susan, the Branch Manager and Teller Supervisor, are so sweet and humble, and they are focused on meeting the needs of their customers and their employees. They handles these busy days with such professionalism and compassion.

I have also been surprised at how great most of the customers have been to me. I have been unable to help them since I have not been fully trained, but they have still introduced themselves to me and have welcomed me to the branch. Many of them are in and out of our branch several days a week, so they have relationships with the branch employees. I love that!

Yesterday I started my computer-based training, and it is very interesting and informative. I cannot wait until I am a proficient teller so I can assist the great team of which I am a part, and so I can give the best service to my customers!

This week I have worked full-time, and next week I will be training full-time in Raleigh.

No comments: