Monday, December 31, 2007

I Just Love Dial-Up Internet!

You probably already know (if you have ever used dial-up) that the title of this post is utter sarcasm. When I want to use the internet at home I make sure that the laptop is connected to the phone line, I click on AOL, and I wait impatiently as the numbers dial and the connection squeels and shrieks. Most of the time while I wait for the connection I think to myself, "why don't we have high-speed?" Then I remember that it is expensive, we do not need cable TV, and dial-up is only $9 a month. "Oh yeah..."

Usually I use the internet when I'm at work while the little boy I keep is napping, or when we are at our parents' homes. But lately we've been home a little and I have been aching to post our Christmas pictures on the blog! As you can imagine, it takes about 45 minutes to upload one picture, so I will have to wait until next week to add the Christmas pictures.

So the point of this post is to let those of you who read our blog regularly (if you exist!) know that there is more to come! I usually try to post every few days and I will be getting back to that schedule next week.

In the meantime, we hope that all of you had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! We certainly did! Our time spent with our families was absolutely wonderful. We had so much being with all of them. If only it could have lasted longer! And every year we are blown away by the generosity of our parents, families, and employers. They are all FAR too good to us. We cannot even express our degree of gratefulness to each of them.

We are even more blown away by the gift that God so graciously offers us. The gift that we celebrate at Christmas time is the birth of Jesus Christ. The baby who became a man who became a sacrifice, all the while the Savior of our souls. If you have not already, it is not too late to read the Christmas story from Luke 2. There you will discover the real meaning of Christmas.

No comments: