Monday, June 4, 2007

A Surprise Weekend!

























































I found out in February that I would have some days off in June. I decided to plan a special weekend for Dustin and surprise him! I called his boss and got him out of work for Friday, June 1st, and started planning. I let him think that he had to work that day, and I put a note in his car telling him that he would have a weekend of surprises. I called him when I knew he would be getting to work, and I was just five minutes behind him. When I got there I told him to come outside, and there I was! He didn't know what was going on. I told him that he had the day off, and he couldn't believe it! It was great!
First we went and had a picnic at Duke Gardens, which is where Dustin asked me to marry him back in 2002. All the flowers were in bloom, and it was amazing! We relaxed in the shade of a big magnolia tree, ate breakfast together, thought back to old memories, and read the scripture passage that Dustin read to me when he proposed. We walked all around the gardens and took lots of pictures.
Then we left and went to the Museum of Life and Science. It was great, but there were alot of kids there. We still had alot of fun seeing the animals and learning lots of science stuff.
After that I took him to the hotel. It was really nice! We rested and got ready for dinner, which turned out to be Kanki, one of Dustin's favorite restaurants.

The next day we got up and had breakfast at the hotel, and then left for the Carnivore Preservation Trust. We got to take a two-hour tour, and we saw alot of huge tigers, bearcats, leopards, panthers, and more. We got to get really close to there cages- like two feet away! It was amazing!
After the tour we went to see a movie, and out to dinner at Another Thyme Restaurant. It was one of the best meals ever.
On Sunday we had breakfast, rested, and watched a movie before going back to the real world.
It was such a fun, relaxing, and refreshing weekend. The best part was how surprised and excited Dustin was the whole time! What a treat for me!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet!! Well done!!! Makes a daddy proud.

Daddy