Monday, April 30, 2007

Visitors in the Back Yard








On Saturday night I looked out the window and saw a group of deer grazing in the back pasture. They were so beautiful. They heard me walk out onto the porch and they looked at me as I took pictures. After a few minutes the deer in the front of the pack stomped his foot twice and made a shrill call and they all took off running. When they got to the edge of the woods they stopped again and looked at me. Then I heard another shrill call and all I could see was about 50 white tails jumping into the forest and running. I couldn't believe how many there were. Apparently there were a lot of them at the edge of the woods! It was so loud, like a stampede of deer! Unfortunately Dustin wasn't home at the time, so I was glad I got some good pictures.

No comments: